This special Rice Noodle Stir-Fry recipe was created for the chef demo at LOCAL FEAST! Filled with flavor, and loaded with vegetables, this one-pot recipe is one of the staples in my house for a quick easy nutritious meal.
Information about the special ingredients and where to buy them:
- 2 cups Mixed Fresh Mushrooms shredded into bite size
- 1 Taiwanese Sausage Patty
- 2 tbsp Madame Chu Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 sprigs of green onion chopped into 1" sections
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 c chopped cabbage
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 bundle of Tiger Brand Taiwanese Rice Noodles (Mifun)
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp White pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 1/2 – 3 C Water
- In a wok or a deep pan over medium heat, dry roast the mushroom until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
- Add one Taiwanese Sausage patty (or a chopped up Taiwanese Sausage) to the wok, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks until the sausage pieces releases fat and is charred on the edges.
- Add 2tbsp of Madame Chu ginger garlic paste, onion, and green onions, mixing and cooking everything until the rawness of the alliums turn into sweetness.
- Add the chopped cabbage, salt, white pepper, oyster sauce to the wok, continue to mix and cook for one minute.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water to the wok and bring to a boil on high heat. Add the bundle of rice noodle and shredded carrots to the boiling stock, reduce the heat to medium then put a lid on to create steam in the wok. Opening the lid and mixing the noodle occasionally, making sure the noodles are softened and absorbing all the liquid. About 6 minutes.
- Taste the noodles, adding another 1/2C of water and put the lid back on if the noodles feel too dry or hard. Add additional salt or white pepper to taste.