Knife Sharpening Service Instructions
Part 1 - Mail in / Drop-off
- Wrap your 3 least-sharp knives in many layers of newspaper to prevent them from poking through anything, like the box, or my fingers. Tape it closed.
- Put knives in a box, with a little padding so they don’t bounce around.
- Buy a shipping label on USPS.COM or take it to the post office. Shipping is typically less than $10. Mail to or drop-off at:
Part 2 - GET SHARP
- While you wait, tell us they are on the way so we can get ready!
Part 3 - Get Cooking!
- CAREFULLY unpack your sharp knives. And BE CAREFUL! They are SHARP!
- Save your box and packing for next months sharpening.
- Get cooking! Tag us @choochoocachew
- Sharpening service does not include serrated knives (like bread knives). In fact, I personally prefer a sharp chef knife for all kitchen tasks, including slicing bread.
- Sharpening service does not include repair or restoration. However, with proper use and care, monthly sharpening can eventually restore some damaged edges.
- Don’t put knives in the dishwasher or kitchen drawer! This will dull and damage the sharp edge!
- Be careful, knives are sharp! Just in case you didn’t know.