A bowl of spicy noodles mixed with big chunky pieces of beef from TAIWANESE BRAISED TOMATO BEEF NOODLE SOUP. The ingredients are basic and simple, great way to use up your leftover braised beef, and the Szechuan peppers from homemade MALA HOT SAUCE brings this dish together by adding a tingly and fragrant touch. This is one of those dishes that will give you a punch(in a good way), warms you up and makes you sweat(which I need), and you can’t get enough of.
I think my mom is the queen of re-purposing leftovers. She is so good at turning today’s dinner into all kinds of delicious dishes through out the week. This is probably because of my dad, who hates eating the same food for two meals straight and dislike leftovers, he’s so spoiled! So growing up I watched my mom turned left over braised beef into a tasty stir-fry with lots of sauce to go with rice; a tasty curry(imagine the beef is already super tender and full of flavor, this dish just explodes in your mouth with depth of spices!); beef and vegetable fried rice; and mala beef noodles!
Since we always have a jar of MALA HOT SAUCE|秘製淑油麻辣醬 in the pantry at home, this is a super fast and easy dish. This noodle is tasty even without the beef since the MALA HOT SAUCE is so full of flavor! Blanch some veggies of your choice and it’s a great meal to slurp over a good TV show. (Can you tell that I do this regularly?)
I am using EASY HOMEMADE NOODLES | 簡單手工麵 in the photo, but you can use any kind of noodles you like, Ramen noodles without the flavoring package is good too!
Want to make it fancy? Add a SOFT BRAISED EGGS | 超簡單溏心蛋 on top!! Seriously irresistible.
I love one-bowl meals!
TRY MALA BEEF NOODLES WITH:
SHARE YOUR EXPERIMENT WITH US ON INSTAGRAM WITH #CHEWEXPERIMENT!!!
OR HOP ON OVER TO OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND TELL US HOW YOU LIKE THE RECIPE.
- 200 g Beef from Braised Tomato Beef Noodle Soup Cut to desired size
- 2 Portions Noodles I am using EASY HOMEMADE NOODLES | 簡單手工麵 in the photo, but you can use any kind of noodles you like, Ramen noodles without the flavoring package is good too!
- 1 Bunch Green Veggies Chopped, Use any veggie you like, bok choi is a popular choice
- 2 Sprigs Green Onions Chopped
- 4 TBsp Soy Sauce
- 2 TBsp Rice Vinegar Can be replaced with apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 TBsp Mala Hot Sauce http://www.choochoocachew.com/2017/08/03/mala-hot-sauce/
Mixing the sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the sauce and chopped green onions.
Make the noodles
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the noodles till desired texture, add the chopped green veggies to blanch for 2 minutes.
- Drain and mix the noodles and the sauce in the bowl with sauce
- Add chunks of beef from Braised Tomato Beef Noodle Soup
- You can also add a SOFT BRAISED EGGS | 超簡單溏心蛋 on top!! Seriously irresistible.
- Or make it vegetarian, just omit the beef, it's still super tasty.